(See Modern Z Barn Door)
So what are the best colors for a kitchen? And what color walls make a room look bigger? Check out our guide below for some great suggestions on paint colors and color schemes for kitchens.
Neutral Color SchemesNeutrals are one of the most popular color schemes for a kitchen and a home overall. They’re universally pleasing, can make any space feel more open, and are great for those who plan to sell their home in the future. Here are a few neutrals we consider to be the best color for a kitchen.
1. Warm GrayGray has been the “it” neutral for almost a decade, taking over the popularity of beige in the early 2000s. But gray come in hundreds of shades and tones, so you want to make sure you choose the right gray to fit your kitchen. A warm gray is a bit more modern than a cool gray, offering an inviting undertone of pink or yellow, rather than the blue undertones.
(See Metal Panel Barn Door)
2. WhiteAll-white kitchens have been all the rage lately, but they’re also an enduring classic color that will always feel refreshing. White is popular because it offers a blank slate to work with, so you can easily add accessories and change your decor color scheme without having to paint the walls. White can also open up space and brighten even the darkest kitchen. As with any color, there are many shades of white out there, so be sure to test swatches before you settle on “the one.” White walls evoke a farmhouse feel, which means they look great beside a rustic, sliding barn door.
(See Modern Glass Barn Door)
3. Matte BlackThis dark and moody shade is becoming the new “it” color in opposition to the sea of all-white kitchens we’ve been seeing for so many years. Matte black is the ultimate dose of drama for any space. The shade can play up a modern and masculine space, or work for a refined classic kitchen, too.
(See Horizontal Panel Barn Door)
On-Trend Color SchemesCertain colors come into fashion for a few years and then feel dated a couple of decades later. If you’re willing to take a risk (and willing to update your kitchen later) these colors may be a great choice for you.
1. Navy BlueIf you want to achieve a Pinterest-worthy, eye-catching color scheme in your kitchen, navy blue is your color. Kitchens with either navy blue walls or deep navy cabinets have been popping up as a welcome contrast to the popular all-white kitchen. It’s a moody, dramatic color that will make a statement and always earn a compliment when guests come to visit.
2. Sage GreenSage green is one of the best colors for a kitchen when you’re looking to achieve a unique, earthy vibe. You’ll love the way the green provides a calm and relaxing environment to cook and chat with friends and family. Sage green is an up-and-coming kitchen color, so you’ll be ahead of the curve if you choose this color scheme for your kitchen.
(See white rustic sliding barn door)