9 Places to Use Heavy Duty Barn Door Hardware
- Retail Spaces
- High-Traffic Hallways
- Exterior Areas
- Production Spaces
- Room Separators
- Bedroom Suite
- Indoor-Outdoor Spaces
- Hiding an Entertainment Space
Every piece of a hardware kit lends to the overall function of a barn door. From its stainless steel track to its hanger and hinges, each piece should work to support the door every time it slides open and shut. A heavy-duty kit features the strongest bolts, brackets, rollers, and door track to stand up to the wear and tear put on frequently used sliding doors.
What is Heavy Duty Barn Door Hardware?A heavy-duty barn door requires a hardware kit that's durable and sturdy enough to hold it securely on its track. Heavy duty barn door hardware is designed to support heavy and oversized barn doors.
The barn door hardware kit options available from ArtisanHardware.com are some of the strongest on the market, edging out the competition in terms of long-lasting durability and strength. Each kit includes a track, hangers, wall spacers, floor guides, door stoppers, anti-jump brackets, and the hardware and installation instructions you need to complete your project.
These kits support heavy-duty sliding barn doors in various applications, from a modestly heavy glass door in an office space to the largest doors found in production studios. And, each of our door hardware kits comes backed with a lifetime warranty to protect your purchase.
If you're interested in heavy duty barn door hardware for high-use areas, like a sliding barn door for an exterior building or doors in retail spaces, consider reaching out to ArtisanHardware.com. Our design team can offer custom solutions for your specific space, like bypass kits, galvanized steel hardware, and other options to meet your needs.
9 Places to Use Heavy Duty Barn Door HardwareWhile you can choose heavy duty barn door hardware for all your exterior or interior barn doors, there are a few areas in which this type of barn door hardware kit can be especially beneficial.
1. OfficesOffice spaces are some of the best spots for sliding barn doors. Use a double door system to close off a conference room, add a rustic door to each break room or restroom, or add a sliding door to cubicle areas for extra privacy between staff. However, offices are busy places, and any office door is probably going to get relatively heavy usage.
Therefore, adding heavy duty hardware for sliding doors in the office can boost their longevity by accommodating heavy wear and tear. A strong, reliable system will keep your office space looking and performing its best, from the barn door track to the barn door handle.
Although a sliding barn door hardware heavy duty system typically costs a bit more than traditional hardware systems at first, opening your company's budget for them now can save money as it relates to repairs and replacements in the long run.
2. Retail SpacesIn the past decade, sliding barn doors have become very popular in retail spaces, especially in rustic shops and clothing boutiques. Store owners use these doors as cabinet doors in storage spaces, entrance doors to shops located in shopping malls, and privacy doors for changing rooms. Various door styles, including a wood door, industrial steel doors, glass panel doors, and traditional farmhouse door panels, fit virtually any style.
Not surprisingly, doors in retail spaces are some of the most frequently used, especially those in changing areas or used as store entrances. Because these doors slide open and closed multiple times each day, their hardware kits need to handle excessive usage. A heavy duty barn door hardware kit is an excellent option for doors in retail spaces because they offer shop owners and customers safety and reliability.
3. High-Traffic HallwaysHigh-traffic hallways typically exist in consumer-focused business areas, like shopping malls or resorts and hotels. Commercial office buildings might also have several hallways in which professional workers travel between office space and conference areas throughout the day. Sliding barn doors work well in these spaces, allowing quick and convenient opening and closing while boosting the space's overall design.
However, frequent use of these doors requires hardware kits that can handle continuous usage throughout the day. Artisan Hardware's heavy duty barn door hardware kits are available in multiple styles to match the space's decor and door choices while also providing warranty-backed protection for heavy use. Many kits handle as much as 400 pounds, allowing even solid wood hallway doors to move with ease.
4. Exterior AreasExterior barn doors are some of the heaviest and most rugged because they need to outlast the weather and frequent usage. You might find exterior barn doors on garages, sheds, greenhouses, workshops, or commercial spaces. Some homes and buildings also use them as an entry door.
It's essential for any exterior door to have heavy-duty hardware that does not warp, discolor, rust, or otherwise deteriorate due to outdoor elements. Artisan Hardware's heavy duty barn door hardware kits are designed to work just as well with exterior doors as they are with interior doors, with flat track hardware, latch systems, and nylon wheel mechanisms that will last as long as your door is in place.
5. Production SpacesProduction spaces require some of the heaviest barn doors on the market to create coverings for large door openings. These spaces typically have doorways that stretch several feet across, and are tall to accommodate massive set pieces, vehicles, and other props for movies, television shows, and theater performances.
Of course, a heavy, massive door needs a sliding barn door hardware kit that doesn't just mount the door to the wall, but also keeps it moving with ease. A heavy duty barn door kit provides the support necessary for the heaviest doors while keeping them sliding freely along the track, despite the weight of the door.
A floor guide is also an important component for these larger doors, which can become dangerous or damage easily if they swing while moving. Heavy duty barn door kits include floor guides to keep the door moving on a set path. You can add additional guides as needed for your door and door opening.
6. Room SeparatorsAre you using a barn door or set of double barn doors to separate a large space in your home? This has become a popular practice in open-concept homes to divide kitchens and dining rooms, large bedrooms, and formal living rooms and dens. Some families also separate an area of the living room to give their kids a play space or to create an office in homes without an extra bedroom.
Using barn doors as dividers is an affordable way to make your home more practical for your needs. However, dividing doors will probably get a lot of usage, so it's vital to get a hardware kit that can keep up.
Whether you're installing a sliding pocket door for a smaller area or double doors to divide a larger space, a heavy-duty barn door hardware kit is the best solution for high-use areas.
7. Bedroom SuiteA master bedroom suite is an excellent space for sliding barn doors that cover closet doors, the bathroom door opening, or the entrance to the room. Some bedrooms also use a sliding barn door as a divider between the room to separate the suite into two bedrooms for kids or guests.
However, a bedroom suite can be one of the most frequented areas of a house. Consider adding a heavy duty barn door hardware kit to the door to create a system that withstands regular usage. Soft close additions can also keep the hardware mechanisms quiet to add to the calming vibe of the bedroom suite.
8. Indoor-Outdoor SpacesIndoor spaces that open up to bring the outside in are growing in popularity, especially in warmer climates. These spaces usually include a wall of sliding glass doors that open to reveal a beautiful backyard or sunny view of the ocean. The intricate door systems must be extremely reliable for homeowners.
Adding a heavy duty barn door hardware kit can increase the reliability of these systems with hardware that's designed for outdoor use and can hold heavy weights. Consider creating a custom barn door kit for your indoor-outdoor space to get the track length, finish, and features you need for your space.
9. Hiding an Entertainment SpaceEntertainment areas are great for families and guests to hang out, but you might not always want them showing in your living space. Use sliding barn doors to keep TVs, gaming systems, stereo equipment, and other entertainment items out of sight when you want a more relaxing space.
Entertaining areas can take up most of a wall, so you might need oversized double doors to contain it. A box rail or flat track kit from Artisan Hardware is the best option for heavy, oversized doors to give them a secure base and to keep your entertainment equipment safe.
Heavy Duty Barn Door Hardware for Every NeedNow that you know where to use heavy duty barn door hardware kits in the home or office, it's time to head to ArtisanHardware.com to find the right one for your door or double door system. We have flat track, box track, ceiling mount, and other barn door hardware types to accommodate your space and installation needs.
Each kit includes everything you need to install the door over its door opening, including detailed instructions for DIY installation. When you check out, you can add door pulls, locks, a support header, and other products to complete the project. The tracks are customizable to accommodate any door width, so you can find the perfect length for your door size.
Our kits also include several options to make your barn door track stand out and match your decor. Choose from different finishes, like raw steel, brushed brass, and satin chrome. Add door guides to keep the doors on track, and a soft-closure system for quiet rolling.
At Artisan Hardware, we're with you every step of the way. Our 30-day money-back guarantee on all hardware protects your purchase and ensures that you’re completely satisfied with your new barn door system.