Rolling library ladders can be a staple piece in a room providing function and style! But what exactly are they? As the name states, it’s a ladder that attaches to bookshelves with a track that allows you to slide it to whatever location you need. You may see these ladders in libraries, bookstores, and in the opening scene of the beloved animated film where a beauty falls in love with a beast.
The goal of these ladders is to give you easy access to high up areas in your home that you may not normally be able to reach. It’s common to see these ladders used in home libraries, but do you have to use them just for bookshelves? Of course not! You could use them to access the space on top of kitchen cabinets, shelf systems in a craft room or a workshop, the possibilities are endless! They serve as a stylish tool to help utilize the space in any given room, without having to sacrifice the aesthetic.
An important thing to consider and understand is the different parts that go into creating a rolling ladder. We’ve broken it down for you in the best way we know how!
Different parts of a rolling library ladder:
-Side rails (What the rungs attach to and hold the ladder together
- rungs (these are the bars/rails people step on to climb up ofc)
- feet (the end/bottom of the ladder, these have tabs on either side that bolt onto the rollers/wheels)
- rollers (the small wheels on the bottom that aid in the adjusting/movement of the ladder)
- hangers (these attach the ladder to the track on top)
- track (this is what the ladder attaches to via hangers, allows for the adjustment and movement of the ladder)
Having a sliding ladder in your home adds a little something. It’s a great way to take advantage of those hard to reach places in a stylish way. We allow you to customize any of our ladders to ensure that you get exactly what you’re looking for. Shop our ladders here and as always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!