The way you design your home is the way you design your life and keeping it in style is always a must. Now that you’ve added your sliding barn doors to the home, you may have an extra door lying around. But, did you know that you could turn that old door into a bookshelf?
- One vintage door
- Sanding paper
- Wood glue
- Screws and screwdriver/drill
- 1'x6' wood board
- Measuring tape
- Chalk paint and brushes
Step by step
- To start the project, cut the door panels with a jigsaw to create room for the shelving.
- Sand the door to make sure it are smooth and have no imperfections.
- Cut the 1'x6' wood board into 5 pieces the same length as the door going side to side.
- Determine the size of each shelf panel by leaning/tilting the door against the wall at your desired angle. Measure the distance between the wall and each of the 5 panels.
- Cut the wood panels into shelving pieces using those measurements.
- Secure the new shelving pieces to the door base with wood glue and screws.
- Paint the door to match your Artisan sliding barn doors and prop up.
- Decorate each shelf accordingly.
Your bookshelf should turn out similar to this, but with your own touch!
This easy-to-make DIY bookshelf is the perfect addition to your home and will look even better with your Artisan sliding barn door. Making your home your way is the only way to live. Visit Artisan Hardwarefor amazing hardware, sliding barn doors and DIY projects we post on our blog.